McFarland Pharmacy and Apothecary Lighting Retrofit
$53,000 over 20 years on lighting bills and cost avoidance for maintenance and replacement bulbs
The folks at McFarland Pharmacy and Apothecary wanted a quick and easy way to lower their electricity usage. After the owner of the pharmacy put an 11.73kW solar installation at the Pink Pig Pottery Studio in historic Morristown, TN, he wanted to continue to promote a healthier environment. Read our featured article about McFarland Pharmacy and Apothecary’s owner and why he cares about his energy use.
ARiES completed a lighting retrofit that replaced the existing overhead lighting with energy efficient bulbs. This has reduced the amount of energy McFarland Pharmacy and Apothecary uses for lighting by 82%. All of our LED products come with a five-year all-inclusive warranty; if it fails, it will be replaced, saving McFarland time and money on maintenance.
We installed LED 4-foot tube lighting and LED exit signs and occupancy sensors. We also provided McFarland Pharmacy and Apothecary with certificates of disposal to prove that the old fluorescent bulbs have been destroyed in accordance with EPA Requirements.
The LED lights are perfect for McFarland Pharmacy and Apothecary’s office space because LED lights provides a clear, crisp light that can reduce strain on eyes in office environments.
ARiES Solar can help you to create the environment you want in your own home or business. Get started with a free lighting audit.
- Project Designer: ARiES Solar
- Installer: Jonathan Nicolosi, Tait Beaty, Scott Noethen
- Estimated Usage Before Retrofit: 25,163 kWh per year
- Estimated Usage After Retrofit: 4,650 kWh per year
- Approximate Energy Savings: 20,513 kWh per year, or 82% of lighting use
- Approximate Financial Savings: $53,000 over 20 years on lighting bills and cost avoidance for maintenance and replacement bulbs
- Expected Payback Time: Less than two years
Get a free lighting audit
ARiES Solar can help you to create the environment you want in your own home or business.