100 AKER WOOD MORGANS 49.92KW SOLAR PV SYSTEM
Kilowatt Hours Produced Annually
Pounds of Carbon Offset Annually
MARY – JUST A BRIEF NOTE THANKING EVERYONE AT ARIES ENERGY FOR ALL YOUR HARD AND PRODUCTIVE WORK OVER THE PAST YEAR. FROM INITIAL CONTACT WITH YOU AND HARVEY, THROUGH INSTALLATION WITH STEFAN AND BRANDT, TO COMPLETION WITH EVERYONE, IT HAS BEEN A FUN PROJECT. AND A PROFITABLE ONE – WE ARE NOW A NET NEGATIVE ENERGY USER! THE PV FIELD IS PRODUCING MORE ELECTRICITY THAN IS CONSUMED BY THE FARM AND THE STEEL FABRICATION SHOP! COMBINED WITH THE USDA GRANT YOU ARRANGED FOR US, I CAN’T IMAGINE WHY EVERYONE DOESN’T DROP WHATEVER THEY’RE DOING AND INSTALL A SIMILAR FIELD. THANKS AGAIN, AND IF THE TVA EVER RAISES THE MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE SIZE OF A PV ARRAY, SIGN US UP!Phil Hodge
ARiES Solar installed a 49.92 kW solar photovoltaic (PV) system at 100 Aker Wood Morgans, Inc. on the property where the business operates a horse breeding and training facility in Spring City, Tennessee. All of the power generated from the solar PV system is sold directly to the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) through the Green Power Providers program, helping to offset the energy consumed by the horse farm. The system will help fix costs for 100 Aker Wood Morgans, Inc., allowing the business to invest in future expansion of the horse farm.
100 Aker Wood Morgans was developed in order to breed, train and sell registered Morgan and Pergan horses and to train people to ride and care for horses. 100 Aker Wood Morgans conducts teen and adult horse camps. As an owner of a business that celebrates the local environment through horse education, the decision was made to promote environmental benefits at their camps. Teens and adults will see and learn about the solar system at the camps, which will promote the further use of solar energy.
- Project: 100 Aker Wood Morgan 49.92 kW Solar Photovoltaic System
- System Commissioned: March 8, 2013
- Power Production: 64,896 kilowatt hours annually
- Carbon Offset: 49 tons CO2 offset annually, Equivalent of planting 405 trees annually
Project Equipment Specifications
- Solar Panels: (208) Motech 245 watt modules
- Inverter: (4) Fronius IG Plus 11.4 kW UNI
- Mounting: DPW PowerRail on Habco Erectors, Inc. Multi-Pole Mounts
GRANTS AND INCENTIVES
- TVA Green Power Providers (read more)
- Federal Investment Tax Credit
- USDA Rural Development Rural Energy for America Program (no longer available)
UTILITY AND AUTHORITIES
Get a free lighting audit
ARiES Solar can help you to create the environment you want in your own home or business.